- Clara Bow is a part of the inspiration for the character Betty Boop along with Helen Kane, Betty Boop's sexuality and sex symbol status was taken from Clara Bow , although Betty Boop started out as a caricature of Helen Kane. If Betty were to have been 100 percent modeled on Bow she would have been given the "It Girl" status instead of the "Boop-Oop-a-Doop Girl" status. Not to mention the fact that animator Grim Natwick used a photograph of Helen Kane when creating the character and admitted to this several times in his interviews later in life in the 1970s & 1980s.
- Helen Kane and Clara Bow actually knew one another in the early 30s, they both appeared in Paramount on Parade.
- Clara Bow was told that she had looked similar to the Boop-a-Doop Girl Helen Kane in a 1930s interview, Clara replied that she didn't think that they looked alike. Clara had red hair, whereas Kane had black. The photographs in them times were in black and white.
- Max Fleischer claimed that Betty Boop's hair was modeled on Bow during the $250000 Infringement lawsuit, After winning the suit against Kane. Betty Boop was given her only colorized cartoon entitled "Poor Cinderella". Betty Boop's hair was changed red to make her look similar to Clara Bow. Although in the official artwork's Betty Boop's hair is black. The Fleischer Studios refused so make anymore color cartoons featuring Betty Boop. The rest of the cartoons from 1934-1939 were all in black and white.
- Sometimes Betty Boop is claimed to be a mixture of both Helen Kane and Clara Bow and other times she is said to be a mixture of Mae West and Shirley Temple, Some other false claims are also that Betty Boop's body was taken from Mae West and her singing voice was taken from Helen Kane, which makes no sense due to the fact that Betty Boop started out as a caricature of Kane in Dizzy Dishes and the character was still impersonating Kane when she was transformed fully human, therefore they are classed as hearsay.
- Both Clara Bow and Helen Kane died in the 60s in the same month, which was September. They both died watching TV. Clara Bow died on September 27, 1965 watching a old Gary Copper Western aged (60). Helen Kane died on September 26,1966 watching a re-run of Three Little Words aged (62).
- Clara Bow died of a heart attack in September 26, 1965.